Acacia Senegal Gum
Acacia Senegal Gum: Pale yellow, Odorless, Tasteless
Purposes: Emulsification & Adhesive, Food & Beverages Stabilizer, Food Additives, Immunity Boosting, Natural Preservatives
Manufacturer: Nagaad Family – From Ethically Harvested to Finished Product
Method of Harvesting: Hand Picked from wild grown Acacia Tree
Tree: Acacia Senegal Tree – Family: Acacia Senegal
Resin: 100% Natural Organic Acacia Senegal Resin (Gum Arabic, Gum Hashab)
Traceability: Wild harvested through Nagaad Organic COC (Chain of Custody) Network
Properties: Analgesic, Reduce Cholesterol in blood, Protect Heart Disease, Reduce gut Inflammation, medicinal properties & Food Industry.
Certifications: ECOCERT, USDA ORGANIC (NOP), ISO, GMP, Organic Consumers Alliance, Aroma Therapy (IFA, IFPA) & Halal Certified.
About this product
The Raw Gum obtained from the Acacia Senegal tree is also known as Gum Hashab. It is more superior and has a clearer appearance when dissolved due to less impurities and tannins. Gum Hashab is less friable Gum Talha. The gum is 100% Wildly Organic and Wildly Harvested.
Acacia Senegal grows wild and produces a sap which hardens into a natural gum. The gum is harvested by the local communities from wild trees in Somalia. Acacia Senegal is considered the superior form of gum Arabic.
The trees of Acacia senegal grow under extreme climatic conditions in Eastern Africa and the Gum Arabic exudate is collected naturally from the stem of the tree. The exudate hardens into the Gum Arabic and Nagaad Resins and Gums, in collaboration with the local communities, harvests the gum for further processing and sales.
The Gum Arabic from Acacia senegal is a superior product and being edible and soluble in water it is used primarily as a stabilizer in the food industry. The gum also has a wide range of industrial applications such as use in the production of paints, inks, cosmetics, glue, and viscosity control in textile industries.
Acacia senegal is also highly valued for its medicinal properties and used to predict blood serum, reduce cholesterol in blood, protect against heart diseases, reduce gut inflammations, and is even used as an analgesic.
This product is free from any contaminates as analyzed by our laboratory facilities. It is 100% organic as the trees grow naturally and wildly.
Benefits & uses
Raw Acacia Gum:
- Pharmaceutical Additive: Raw acacia gum is primarily used as an additive in pharmaceutical drug preparations.
Processed Acacia Gum (Powder):
- Cholesterol and Blood Sugar Management: The processed form, often in powder form, is believed to assist in lowering cholesterol levels and maintaining stable blood sugar levels.
- Digestive Disorders: It’s used to aid in the treatment of digestive disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Appetite Suppression: Some suggest that it may help suppress appetite, making it potentially useful for weight management.
- Gut Inflammation: Acacia gum is thought to have anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation in the gut.
- Weight Loss Support: Due to its appetite-suppressing and gut health benefits, it’s often used to support weight loss efforts.
- Promotes Bowel Movement: It can promote regular bowel movements and alleviate constipation.
- Probiotic Properties: Acacia gum powder is considered a plant-based probiotic. Its fibers can nourish beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract, supporting a healthy gut microbiota.
- Food and Beverage Additive: Acacia gum is used as an additive in the food and beverage industry. It serves as an emulsifier and stabilizer in various products.
- Soft Drink Syrups and Candy Manufacture: It’s used in the production of soft drink syrups and candy.
- Lick-able Adhesives: Acacia gum is utilized in lick-able adhesives, often in the postage stamp industry.
- Binder in Watercolor Paint: In the world of art, it’s used as a binder in watercolor paint.
- Pharmaceutical Drugs and Cosmetics: Beyond its role in pharmaceutical preparations, it’s also used in cosmetics.
- Pain Relief and Wound Healing: Some applications include pain relief, wound healing, and promoting oral health.
- Body Fat Reduction: It’s believed to contribute to body fat reduction when used as part of a healthy diet.
- Paint Production: Gum Arabic finds applications in the production of paints, where it serves as a binder and stabilizer.
- Cosmetics: It is used in cosmetics to improve product texture and stability.
- Glue Manufacturing: Gum Arabic is utilized in the production of glue, contributing to its adhesive properties.
- Textile Industry: In the textile industry, it is employed for viscosity control and as a sizing agent for fabrics.
- Analgesic: Gum Arabic is highly valued for its medicinal properties and is used as an analgesic, providing pain relief.
How to use
Dissolving and Using Gum Arabic:
You can dissolve Gum Arabic and keep it in liquid forms for various purposes, such as:
- Emulsifiers in Cooking Recipes: It can be used as an emulsifier in cooking recipes to help blend and stabilize ingredients like oil and water, creating smooth and well-textured dishes.
- Weight Loss Components in Healthy Smoothies: Gum Arabic can be added to healthy smoothies as a weight loss component. Its ability to increase satiety and promote a feeling of fullness may aid in managing calorie intake.
- Enhancing Your Favorite Drinks: It can be used to add a unique texture and thickness to your favorite drinks, making them more enjoyable.
- Sprinkling on Foods: Smaller bits of dissolved Gum Arabic can be sprinkled on various foods as a dietary supplement or to enhance their texture and mouthfeel.
Emulsification & Adhesive, Food & Beverages Stabilizer, Food Additives, Immunity Boosting, Natural Preservatives